New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Similar topics

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Game Mascot - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+11
sandstorm dragon master
GuardChomp-
Itsme
Just_Testing
Blackjack
MrLiLiBubba
Ferrety
deoxysdude94
Hydreigon9
Frostichu
Gelatino95
15 posters

Game Mascot

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Game Mascot - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Mascot

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 am

I don't know if we really need a signature move, but if we use one, Argon Volley sounds good.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
    Also, I'm thinking of adjusting the sprite we have right now. Not saying it doesn't look awesome, but I think the pose needs to take up more of the image to make it look bigger, and the poison breath is a little unnecessary in a sprite.

I second this, the sprite, although it has a cool pose should at least be bigger (it's a legendary!) and it should show all his body instead of having half the body underground.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Do we have a dex entry yet? If not:

It is said that the gas that comes from Toxaur's body has a different chemical structure from any gas on earth. It is sought after by many scientists and collectors.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:43 pm

i was thinking toxoar could be the keeper of the spirits or something
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 pm

j Woo wrote:i was thinking toxoar could be the keeper of the spirits or something

No offense or anything, but isn't it supposed to be gas-based? I jsut don't see what that has to do with spirits, no offense, or anything... Wink
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah, this guy is just supposed to be made of poisonous gas. No spirits or anything supernatural.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Ok... I did the movepool but on stats that go like this:
    Toxaur: HP 110/ ATT 100/ DEF 150/ Sp ATT 120/ Sp DEF 100/ SPD 100/ Total 680.
    I made it DEF inclined cz poison is a very good defensive type and seeing it like it has like a steel armor on it's head. Special Defence is lower cz it is composed of gases and they react with other elements like fire, electric and ice...

As for the movepool:
    1-Acid rain
    1-Shadow sneak
    1-Clear smog
    1-Poison gas
    1-Smog
    6-Pursuit
    10-Dragon claw
    12-Dragonbreath
    16-Crunch
    22-Night shade
    26-Foul breath
    33-Dark pulse
    35-Hex
    37-Haze
    40-Toxic spikes
    44-Swords dance
    46-Cross poison
    48-Poison tail
    50-Payback
    58-Shadow slam
    60-Ominous wind
    68-Outrage
    75-Gazeous Mix

TM/HM:
    U-turn, Hone claws, Knock off, Nasty plot, Taunt, Thunderbolt, Thunder wave, Flamethrower, Overheat, Sunny day, Will-o-wisp, Shadow ball, Shadow claw, Solarbeam, Dig, Earthquake, Double team, Giga impact, Return, Frustration, Hyper beam, Hidden power, Roar, Substitute, Gunk shot, Poison jab, Sludge bomb, Toxic, Venoshock, Calm mind, Psychic, Stone edge, Iron tail, Rain dance.

No egg moves.

Thats it... Hope you like it.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Yeah, this guy is just supposed to be made of poisonous gas. No spirits or anything supernatural.

i just meant since its part ghost and all legendaries usually have a purpose in the history of the pokemon world
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:52 pm

j Woo wrote:
    Gelatino95 wrote:Yeah, this guy is just supposed to be made of poisonous gas. No spirits or anything supernatural.

i just meant since its part ghost and all legendaries usually have a purpose in the history of the pokemon world
    Eh... Mewtwo never really had anything to do with Kanto, and Ho-oh and Lugia just had a couple myths associated with them. No need to add any more creation stories. Those got old after gen III.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:03 pm

i like the moveset itsme. at lvl 75 i think that is toxoar's signature though right? dont legendaries usually know their signature when you go to fight them. i think it should learn it more in maybe the 40s or 50s range
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Oh yes! I'll correct that but we need to decide what move did it get. The movepool will change!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

I had an idea. If we make a Poison/Dark type pokemon with levitate, it would have no weaknesses (excluding Miracle Eye or if Levitate is nullified). Would that be something viable for use in a legendary game mascot? Maybe if we give it relatively thin defenses to compensate for the lack of weaknesses? Finally, is Poison/Dark a type we can agree on?

I personally prefer Poison/Ghost just because Ghost is my favorite type, but I want to hear some more opinions.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am

I don't know, but don't you think i'd still be overpowered?
    No weakness and legendary at the same time...
    yeah, you could also lower defense but still...If it has good attack and good speed it'll be like a glass cannon which isn't precesily "glass" as you should have something able to encounter a levitate ability (mold breaker or gravity are the only ones that come to my mind..) and there's a huge probability to lack some of these abilities/attacks in an ordinary team...

I still like the idea anyway, Wink
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Who says it has to have good attack and good speed? We can make the stats however we want.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:16 pm

A main game legendary always have 680 BST and if we need to go with slim defenses we'll have to rainse the attacking side...

Still the idea is great but if we agree to not make our main legendary with lower than 680 BST!

Also I personally think that Dark is more fitting than ghost for this pokemon!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Itsme wrote:A main game legendary always have 680 BST and if we need to go with slim defenses we'll have to rainse the attacking side...

Still the idea is great but if we agree to not make our main legendary with lower than 680 BST!

Also I personally think that Dark is more fitting than ghost for this pokemon!

Kyogre and Groudon have 670 BST each.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:29 am

Gelatino95 wrote:Who says it has to have good attack and good speed? We can make the stats however we want.

I was assuming that if we lowered dfc/spcdf then we would have to rise attack/spattack/speed in orther to make BST similar to legendary BST average. However, as you have said we could give him good attack/spattack or good speed, however we might cross the ST line of Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A. I don't care, and as you have said, we can make the stats however we want but maybe some people wouldn't like to break this statement.
    Another option would be to rise attack, sp attack and speed at the same time...Or to forget about legendary BST average.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

Gelatino95 wrote:Kyogre and Groudon have 670 BST each.

True but even those would have a high BST total for this guy!

Anyway we are forgetting that poison is not a main ATT type so it's either we need to make it defensively inclined like suggested previously or make it amazing attacker with strong attack, special attack and extremely fast to compensate for the bad coverage it has!

Defensive Ghost/Poison type toxaur: HP 110/ ATT 100/ DEF 150/ Sp ATT 120/ Sp DEF 100/ SPD 100/ Total 680.

Attack Dark/Poison with levitate toxaur: HP 70/ ATT 150/ DEF 90/ Sp ATT 140/ Sp DEF 70/ SPD 120/ Total 640. I think It's pretty reasonable but maybe very predictable and will be very weak to counters such as steel types... Yet again it has no weaknesses! Could work I guess!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Itsme wrote:Anyway we are forgetting that poison is not a main ATT type
    What does that mean?
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:29 pm

It means that poison types are mainly used for defensive means... all the good poison types in the game are tanks such as muk or weezing etc... The main reason is that poison type are super effective against only grass types and resisted by many and steels are immune to it! But I guess you already knew that!

Do you agree with the ideas suggested? if yes, wich one?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Poison doesn't have to be defensive. It has great neutral coverage, third only to Dragon and Normal, and its single strength does nothing to hinder that. Great attackers like Gengar, Toxicroak, and Roserade are all poison-types. I can understand what you mean, but the bottom line is that we can use poison pokemon for whatever we want, so we shouldn't limit ourselves when coming up with base stats.

I personally don't like the defensive variant. Most, if not all of the time, version mascots are primarily offensive.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Absolutely... You got a point saying that poison types can be good attackers but I thought that this pokemon is a main legendary and the only main legendary for our game (For now) so it wouldn't be a bad thing to focus on the type's main use but again I really don't mind going the other direction since it will be also part Ghost or Dark.

Uxie, Cresselia, Giratina and maybe articuno are the only defensively based legendary pokemon (that I remember), and only giratina is a main legendary but it needs to be in it's altered form. Maybe we can be a little different and not rule out immediately the defensive variant on this pokemon. I don't know... you decide!
    the antigelo
    the antigelo

Post by the antigelo Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm

so I was actually intending to troll these forums but I actually feel morally obliged to impart some actual advice in the best interest of your morale.

Basically, what is the concept of this Pokemon? All I'm seeing is some grand pastiche of a young child's 'innovation' which mashes together to create this monstrosity. The gas-legs don't work, and they don't reinforce the legendary as a strong, imposing figure.

Box legendaries are solid, absolute and strong. This one looks like it would keel over with the push of a finger. My main advice would be to actually BASE it off something. Look up Japanese folklore and find something interesting, because they WILL have something you may want.

As for the design, scrap it. Make sure it's a strong, solid figure that could spearhead your fangame. Box legendaries are meant to APPEAL to the consumer and make them want to buy the game. This looks pathetic. With legendary designs, my advice would be to start off with the generic basis of a dragon, which, in the case of this legendary, would be a sauropod body. Then, you build upon that to define the characteristics of the Pokemon. Dialga, for example, is highly simplistic, yet it conveys so much, just through the clever use of patterns and steel-appendages. I suggest that you take the simplistic approach to design, to ensure that it doesn't transpire as a hot mess which tries too hard to fit the criteria.

Finally, the Poison/Ghost typing is irrelevant. There's no point being a contrarian for the sake of being one. There's a reason that legendaries tend to be Dragons, Flying or Psychic types, and that's because they're strong, elusive types which aren't as fragile as Poison and, to a lesser extent, Ghost. It's nice that you want to revolutionise legendaries, but this feels too forced and it doesn't work.

Aside from that, it's okay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 am