New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+2
Itsme
Razor Xtreme
6 posters

Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon)

Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) Empty Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon)

Post by Razor Xtreme Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:51 am

(Yes, his name is a play on Xiuhcoatl, the serpent of mass destruction)

I can't draw or sprite, he would look like something like this, but red and black, and without all the side decor, mostly just wings, serpent body, and Gyarados-type mouth):

(Sorry about the image, can't post links)
    Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) Flygon___gyarados___suiryugon_by_slifertheskydragon
    Credit to whoever drew that, that is NOT my work, making that clear.

Name: Xiucotel, pronounced "Zoo-Codel"
    Species: The Serpent Dragon Pokemon
    Type: Undetermined (*See bottom of post*)
    Size: 28'00
    Weight: 478.3 lbs
    Pokedex Info: These ferocious and powerfuk Pokemon are very difficult to control and cause a lot of chaos until a good trainer can control them. When angry or competitive, they spit monster flames from their mouth.
    Abilities: Anger Point and Intimidate
    Base Stats: HP: 100, Atk: 45, Def: 95, Sp Atk: 150, Sp Def: 95, Speed: 100 (Total: 585)
    Game Location: Evolves from Draco at Level 35

Level-Up Moves:
    Coming Soon

TM/HM:
    Coming Soon

Egg Moves:
    Coming Soon

Pre-Evo Coming Soon

Ok, so originally I was planning on making him Dragon/Flying, then I remembered what Gelatino said about Dragons, so I thought of changing him to Water/Flying, but we already have Gyarados (I think, since he's on Tory's team), so I was thinking of making him Water only or Fire only or something. I'm not really sure, so I'd like the opinion of all of you on what his typing should be. I am using him as Tory's final slot if he's accepted.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) Empty Re: Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon)

Post by Itsme Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 am

IDK... It looks a lot like gyarados for being a flying serpent that cause destruction! I think it really needs to be different maybe a Fire/Dark or Fire/Flying counterpart for gyarados despite having milotic. (Milotic is the good version of gyarados while this one is the fire counterpart) But still... We need to hear other opinions!

One more thing... I think you need to redo the stats cz a thing that looks that ferocious needs to be more powerful physically. I find it hard to believe that it have only 45 physical attack and 150 special attack... The other stats are good though but still 585 BST needs to be lowered to 545 BST if it'll gonna be gyaados's counterpart!

Nice try though!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon) Empty Re: Xiucotel (Zoo-code-l) (Pre-Evo coming soon)

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Make the name easier to pronounce. Remember, pokemon games are targeted at young children. Maybe "Zucotal". Not only does that seem easier to pronounce, but it's also more aesthetically appealing. In addition, it doesn't look too similar to the name on which it's based, but more savvy players will be able to deduce the name's origin from its pronunciation.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Maybe this could be the first ever water/fire type. Just an idea.
    Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Post by Razor Xtreme Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm

@ Itsme: Yeah, I thought it looked like Gyarados, but it seemed more like a blue Rayquaza to me too. Though I don't want him counterparting anyone, and I think it's cooler if he's a special attacker, like picture a big dragon shooting fire instead of scratching you, just seems cooler lol.

@ Gelatino: I was considering that, I guess that could work then.

@ Treecko, I was honestly going to use that, but I didn't think people would like it, so I didn't offer it as an option.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

The most aproximate point between fire and water is steam. So you can make one of its attacks something that involves steam. (Mist, Haze, etc.)

For example an attack called Steam Blast. The user shoots the target with high pressurized hot steam. May burn.

I don't know. It is an idea.

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:32 pm

DiZ wrote:For example an attack called Steam Blast. The user shoots the target with high pressurized hot steam. May burn.
    Or we could just use Scald, which does the same thing.
    Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Post by Razor Xtreme Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Alright, so Water/Fire, Scald and maybe some other moves, like Eruption, or something to do with Magma, since it's like liquid fire, and etc?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Lava plume.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Razor Xtreme wrote:@ Itsme: Yeah, I thought it looked like Gyarados, but it seemed more like a blue Rayquaza to me too. Though I don't want him counterparting anyone, and I think it's cooler if he's a special attacker, like picture a big dragon shooting fire instead of scratching you, just seems cooler lol.

You can make it a special attacker Water/Fire pokemon but make it's design a little more smoothe something like dragonair but if you want to keep it that ferociuos looking raise the ATT a little more... My proposition for stats: HP 90 / ATT 90 / DEF 100 / Sp ATT 120/ Sp DEF 100 / SPD 85 / Total 585. (Just a suggestion).

I like everything else the name is very good Zucotal but maybe Xucotel (Both are good) But I thought it's cool to have a pokemon that's name starts with the letter "X"!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Xucotal could work.
    Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Post by Razor Xtreme Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 am

Lol Gel, I was wondering what it was called, I had that move in mind, my Typhlosion in SS has it, but I said Eruption by accident, I mean Lava Plume ;facepalm.

Itsme, I prefer having him as a special attacker, I understand that his attack is too low, so I might raise it a little bit and lower SpA a little, but I want him as a majority major attacker, as if it were a Special counterpart to Gyarados, or something like that. I know his attack shouldn't be too low, but the Dragon is basically pure power, and I honestly prefer when Dragons are special, cause if I were to ever see something like Rayquaza in real life, I'd be more scared that he'd shoot fire at me rather than scratch me lol. I'll take your considerations in.

I like Xucotal, I guess that'd be best.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:59 am

Honestly, a dragon gives the idea of shooting fire (blame you, Eragon!), than that scratching or biting. I think that scratches, etc. are more of secondary weapons that other things.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Water/fire seems quite original, i support it for sure.
    And Xucotal is great, it sounds like a maya name or something like this.
    About the stats maybe 585 is too much for a two-line pkm (only three-line pkm-and we are talking about tyranitar, dragonite, metagross...-and legendaries have a so high average) and if it's finnally water/fire, it doesn't have a 4x weakness to compensate...i don't know, i'm not an expert, neither.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Ok! You have your concept RazorX... Go with it! I was just giving suggestions.

I think this could be a very good legendary pokemon in the same category of Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Entei... You know... Legendaries that have 580 BST! What do you say? I think it's a very cool pokemon and it's typing is fitting to Legendaries!! Question
    Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Post by Razor Xtreme Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Hmm.. well I was planning on using it on Tory's Elite 4 team, so if he is allowed a legendary, then sure Smile

and do you think I should make it a three-line then, Dimafo? I mean, Blissey has high stats and she (was) a two line evo, and Gyarados too.

I guess I can lower some stats to end up with like 560 or something.

Thank you all for the suggestions, by the way. Smile
    Once we finish everything, I'll edit it into the first post so I don't have to keep editing lol
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:26 pm

I don't know, i still like the two evo-line(we don't have much of these).I suggest of lowering the stats-to 555 like arcanine maybe?- or giving a 4x weakness or a handicap (some disproportionate stat, useless ability..) to compensate.
    And i know you really want to have this pkm on dragon's trainer team so, although i like the legendary idea i am not going to suport it,
    Razor Xtreme
    Razor Xtreme

Post by Razor Xtreme Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Alright, I'll lower a few of his stats so they're a bit more decent. I don't think Fire/Water has any 4x weaknesses lol. Although the weaknesses are common. Rock/Electric/Ground.

And K, he'll be a 2 line type and will be on Tory's team Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:39 am