New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Corsola prevo/evo EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Corsola prevo/evo EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Corsola prevo/evo EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Corsola prevo/evo EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

5 posters

Corsola prevo/evo

treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Corsola prevo/evo Empty Corsola prevo/evo

Post by treecko's awesomeness Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:51 pm

I've always liked Corsola, and I thought it needed a pre-evolution and/or evolution. I've got a some here:

Polypso (breed while holding coral incense)
    The polyp pokemon
    water type
    Because of stupid technology, I cannot upload concept art.
    dex entry: They float around the ocean in search of a place to latch down on the sea floor. It is said that they can float for over a hundred miles without tiring.
    moves:
    Start:Tackle
    Start:Charm
    Level 2:Harden
    Level 8:Bubble
    Level 10:Lucky chant
    base stats:
    HP: 30
    Attack: 30
    Defense: 55
    Sp. Attack: 35
    Sp. Defense: 70
    Speed: 20
    Abilities: same as Corsola
    Evolves into Corsola with friendship, then Reefien when leveled up at <undetermined underwater location>

Reefien
    the reef pokemon
    dex entry: They attach themselves to the bottom of the ocean, and provide a home for many water dwelling pokemon. If a ship lands on them, however, it can be ripped to shreds by their sharp spines.
    Moves: More help please?
    Base Stats:
    HP: 85
    Attack: 85
    Defense: 105
    Sp. Attack: 80
    Sp. Defense: 105
    Speed: 30
    abilities: same as Corsola
    Evolves from Corsola when leveled up at <undetermined underwater location>, which evolves from polypso with friendship.

Constructive Criticism is appreciated, so thank you!

Last edited by treecko's awesomeness on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Corsola prevo/evo Empty Re: Corsola prevo/evo

Post by King Dedede Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 pm

i think Polypso should be pure Water, and it should be found while surfing. Other than that, this is good.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:31 pm

King Dedede wrote:i think Polypso should be pure Water, and it should be found while surfing. Other than that, this is good.
    Good idea. Changed.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Since Polypso isn't part rock, maybe its Defense and Special Defense should be switched. In addition, baby pokemon tend to have pitifully low stats and shallow level-up movepools, so maybe you can change it accordingly. You can probably stand to lower all the stats except its defense and special defense. Go look up the stats of other baby pokemon (igglybuff, pichu, magby, cleffa, etc.) to see what I mean.

Also, this is more of a technicality, but maybe you should remove the "coral" part from the species name of each pokemon so that Polypso and Reefiens are just "the Polyp pokemon" and "the Reef pokemon" respectively.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Since Polypso isn't part rock, maybe its Defense and Special Defense should be switched. In addition, baby pokemon tend to have pitifully low stats and shallow level-up movepools, so maybe you can change it accordingly. You can probably stand to lower all the stats except its defense and special defense. Go look up the stats of other baby pokemon (igglybuff, pichu, magby, cleffa, etc.) to see what I mean.

Also, this is more of a technicality, but maybe you should remove the "coral" part from the species name of each pokemon so that Polypso and Reefiens are just "the Polyp pokemon" and "the Reef pokemon" respectively.
    That's all probably true. I'll fix it. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, the names come from calypso, the Greek goddess, and alien. The alien isn't like space alien, but alien as in strange. You'll understand more once I get the concept art in.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:14 pm

I like these and the stats are pretty good! You need help with the moves? Just see corsola's moves and remove some of them to make polypso's movepool especially if corsola has hyper beam, or giga impact! You can add moves created here too or other to make reefien's movepool!
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Well, against my better judgment, I have decided to try my hand at spriting. I know it sucks, but I tried. What do you think?
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm

The sprite itself isn't bad, but the design is a bit childish. At least that's my opinion.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 pm

It's a baby pokemon, so it's supposed to look kind of childish, if that's what you mean.

EDIT: Oh, and I finished the sprite for Reefien. I'll put it in the OP now.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 am

You should definitely try messing around with Game Freak sprites before trying to make your own. There's pretty much no shading on your sprites and the outlines aren't dark enough and don't flow with the shading. I suggest putting up your concept art instead. I'm not trying to insult your work, just letting you know what you did wrong.

I like the design for Polypso, but Reefien shouldn't really be placed on the ground. Also, its body just seems like a big jumble of junk with no real body shape. Even Garbodor, which literally is a big jumble of junk, has a cohesive design. I always imagined Reefien looking like a bigger version of Corsola, except it was brown with hollow eyes and had branches sticking out from all parts of its body.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:10 am

Gelatino95 wrote:.I always imagined Reefien looking like a bigger version of Corsola, except it was brown with hollow eyes and had branches sticking out from all parts of its body.

Yeah, me too: a big corsola with longer and more sotisficated branches and perhaps it could have a little corsola on it.(coral reefs are composed for milions of polyps so the idea of having a little corsola or preevo on it may represent this idea). And for the sprites i advise you the same as Gelo; try observing real sprites; sharped body-try at the begining making the outline black and lights. In addition, i don't see polypso stucked on the ground, you could make some type of feet (like corsola ones) or something like cradily.

We are only trying to make the idea better and make you improve!! Very Happy
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 am

I think polypso is a good concept art for anemoniac or anemoster. Corals need to be different!
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Yeah, I thought those were pretty bad too. from now on, I'll stick to pencil and paper. I'll completely redo Reefien's design. As for Polypso looking like an anemone, that's what coral polyps look like.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah, but Anemonster and Anemoniac have eyes like Lileep and are different colors.

On the note of it being a baby Poke'mon, I think Polypso is ok. As for Reefien, I like Dimafo's/Gelo's design, but I also have my own design idea: it'd look like Corosola, but larger with slitted eyes. In it's hands fan corals would be growing and one large floppy one would grow of it's back to make a cape. I imagine it's feet looking like high heels made of Ramshorn coral, and it would have a crown-like polyp on it's head.

If you use my idea, you might want to change the name to "Coralty".
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 pm

King Dedede wrote:Yeah, but Anemonster and Anemoniac have eyes like Lileep and are different colors.

On the note of it being a baby Poke'mon, I think Polypso is ok. As for Reefien, I like Dimafo's/Gelo's design, but I also have my own design idea: it'd look like Corosola, but larger with slitted eyes. In it's hands fan corals would be growing and one large floppy one would grow of it's back to make a cape. I imagine it's feet looking like high heels made of Ramshorn coral, and it would have a crown-like polyp on it's head.

If you use my idea, you might want to change the name to "Coralty".
    I actually like that idea a whole lot. Although I really want to keep 'reef' in the name, since it's to symbolize going up in scale (reefs are made op of corals, which are made up of polyps). I'm going to try to get some concept art in either by tomorrow or tonight, depending on how much free time I have. As for the name, how about monareef(from monarchy and reef)?
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 pm

some ideas for polypso, there are pleny of ideas for baby corsola on internet, all of them better than these drawings but i encourage you to see them as they really look fantastic. I can't say this from mines, but anyway, here you have them!

[img]Corsola prevo/evo Corsol10[/img]
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:03 pm

I quite like the first one. Looks like something small that would drift freely in the ocean. Maybe we can take some inspiration from barnacles and make the Pokedex entry something like this:

Polypso drifts in the open ocean until it finds a suitable place to attach itself, usually on the ocean floor. From there, it develops, eating small bits of food that drift by, and grows a hard exterior, allowing it to evolve into Corsola.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Yes first one definitly!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:08 am