New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
List of Changes RPG Maker will allow EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+2
Gelatino95
MrLiLiBubba
6 posters

List of Changes RPG Maker will allow

MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

List of Changes RPG Maker will allow Empty List of Changes RPG Maker will allow

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Topis explains it all, now you wont have to wonder when you come up with an idea Very Happy (i didnt include the obvious ones)

Animated custom title screen
    Custom town map
    New moves
    New items
    New intro
    New pokemon cries
    New Trainer card
    New borders+backgrounds
    Custom roadblocks (people that wont move until you do something)
    Custom Eggs (that could be fun xD)
    Custom move tutors
    Day/Night (and pokemon only found then)
    Unfortunatly new abilities cant be added...
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

List of Changes RPG Maker will allow Empty Re: List of Changes RPG Maker will allow

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 am

I have no idea what kind of program I would use to make pokemon cries.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

List of Changes RPG Maker will allow Empty Re: List of Changes RPG Maker will allow

Post by MrLiLiBubba Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:29 am

neither do i. but if any of us stumble across one it would be EPIC
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:57 am

Hit a cat. With a baby. Then autotune the result. You have a Pokemon cry.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Just_Testing wrote:Hit a cat. With a baby. Then autotune the result. You have a Pokemon cry.
    Of course, why didn't I think of that? I can finally put that Rock Band microphone to good use.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:44 pm

thats perfect for a new pokemon i am coming up with to be the rattata equivalent except its an alley cat ;D
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm not sure if that's a good idea, J woo. The rattata equivalent is pretty much always a rodent, and plus, hasn't Purrloin already covered the alley cat niche?

Just sayin', of course.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Cat pokemon pretty much never turn out good. Purrloin and Liepard are ugly, same goes for Glameow and Purugly. Meowth easily takes the cake for the most horrible, butt-ugly cat pokemon ever invented, though. Persian is the only good one as far as I can see, as well as any of the legendary beasts (I'm not really sure if any of them are cats).
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:40 pm

alright i'll go with a stray chihuahua xD
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 pm

maybe a hamster?
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

I was thinking a Degu would be cool, but a Hamster works.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Degus are creepy. I have some at the local pet store, and they look just like giant mice.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 pm

i designed a chipmunk hamster lookin thing in school today i will post it soon
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 am

Looks like someone is too much distracted right now!! Designing stuff in school hein? LOL
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm

it was study hall! lol
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

jwoo, you've said RPGmaker allows to have a battle frontier. However, do you know how will we manage to make the computer "understand" the complexity of a bf stage? (or we can only remake the ones existed in Esmerald?). And isn't a huge amount of data to create ? (every trainer...) or it just works randomly?

PS:too many questions i know, it's only curiosity Wink
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm

actually im not hackin emerald, its just all of the sprites and stuff come from 3rd gen games. also trainer battles are simply events, the only things that take up memory are maps, and a battle fronteir shouldnt take more than 5 or so. by the time we get that far into the game, i will probably be good enough at scripting to be able to make the battle fronteir since rpg maker xp comes with a layout Very Happy
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Seems perfect jwoo, and (i've seen you know about the topic,man Cool) i once downloaded a pkm essentials with diamond/pearl graphics, although i don't remember were did i download it, wouldn't be good to make the game with this pkm essentials? Do you think sprites were 80x80 or it's just something impossible?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:03 pm

actually pokemon essentials is what i downloaded for the graphics for rpg maker xp the scripting and everything has to be done on rpg maker xp pokemon essentials is just a starter kit for making pokemon games on rpg maker xp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:20 am