New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Software Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+5
Frostichu
King Dedede
AgentAG
Ferrety
Gelatino95
9 posters

Software Discussion

Ferrety
    Ferrety

Software Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Software Discussion

Post by Ferrety Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

But this isn't like a book. It's more like a script or play. All the information we need to make a game is here, it's just putting it together that's the problem. If RPG Maker XP didn't refuse to work I'd gladly try to make this myself.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm

If you want to try making it, then go right ahead. I don't have any problem with that.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 am

Ok, I'm opening a new project now, (i'm still going to at least try and see how it goes), should I name it Pokemon Radon?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 am

Pokemon Radon is the widely accepted name now, so go ahead.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:53 am

Okie Dokie, time to get cracking. I'll tell you guys how it goes. *Haunches over rpg maker and eats an unhealthy amount of chocolate*
    Shardna
    Shardna

Post by Shardna Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:01 pm

You know I could go for some cookies myself right now. XD Anyways how do you get this rpg maker? Is there a site for it?
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Uhm...yeah...let me just open it up in a tab...here we go! http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download
    It's just a free trial, but it's still awesome. It's exactly like the full version, except shorter. Smile
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

I've been reading about how to create the game and as i've supposed is extremely complicated. But i have an idea that could leed us to achieve it Shocked (nothing too imaginative but...):Work distrubition.
    So, to begin with, some of us (I propose Gelo and Lyrebird as they had already begun investigating) could investigate about the first steps on programming: what do we have to download, vocabulary (boring but really important),how do we open the files, which are the different programms for map creating, pkm modifying... After this all the conclusions should be posted here (on this forum).

After that, the work should be splited up; some people investigating on only spriting (me for example tongue ), others dedicated to know how to make people move in specific ways, others on how to change battle's background... Every team then should post their conclusions on the forum.

And finnally we would have a source of clear data and explanations for making the game.

I know it isn't the right moment (i'm sure we are only about three people right now). However, after holidays i think it could be a good way to start.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:08 pm

We know what we need to download, we've downloaded it. We have absolutely no need for other programmes because we aren't making a hack, we're making a fangame. Everything should be doable just using the programme we have.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey Gelo... I think that now we have a decent amount of pokemon, moves and abilities... I think that we need to organize stuff. Maybe we should focus on finishing these pokemon to full, make our primary pokedex, determine what type do we have the most and wich one do we have the least so we can know what type of pokemon to focus on... I mean we need a list of all pokemon created with front and back sprites, types, abilities, stats and every other information needed to make a pokemon...

I can help with stats, movepool and everything except sprites...
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:05 pm

I agree completely. What we need to start doing is starting to make all the leftover parts for stuff. If something needs sprites, sprite it. Needs Moves, make the movelist. We should also make an index of completely finished Pokemon, with the sprites, Movesets, etc., so we know what's finished.

Also, I would suggest reading as much of This Wiki as possible, as it documents how to do stuff on the software and our limitations.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Wow... You are not kidding!! this is a lot of information to read! I always thought that pokemon is a brilliant very complex game... But this is just ridiculous!
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:16 pm

That wiki basically documents how everything on the programme we're using works, and how we can alter and add to it. Whoever actually makes the game using RPG Maker XP will have a lot of reading.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 am

Itsme wrote:Hey Gelo... I think that now we have a decent amount of pokemon, moves and abilities... I think that we need to organize stuff. Maybe we should focus on finishing these pokemon to full, make our primary pokedex, determine what type do we have the most and wich one do we have the least so we can know what type of pokemon to focus on... I mean we need a list of all pokemon created with front and back sprites, types, abilities, stats and every other information needed to make a pokemon...

I can help with stats, movepool and everything except sprites...

You absolutely hit the point. I'm going to revise and complete my creations as soon as i can, and i advise everyone to do the same, specially the ones waiting for a sprite.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Actually I started my own finishing... All I need now is the sprites!
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Surfing the internet i've have heard about pokémon essentials DS, anyone knows anything about it?
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:36 pm

It's basically Essentials with a HG/SS-style GUI with mouse support for the touchscreen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content